Ground Beef, Cabbage & Carrot Skillet
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 8 ozs Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 2 cups Green Cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1 Carrot (medium, julienned)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 Lime (juiced)
- 2 tbsps Cilantro (chopped)
- Warm the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for three to four minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the beef, breaking it up as it cooks. Cook for five to seven minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cabbage and carrot to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until everything is cooked through. Stir occasionally.
- Drizzle with lime juice and top with cilantro before serving. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately 1 1/2 cups.
More FlavorAdd mushrooms.
No LimeUse lemon instead.