Herbed Pork Roast with Sweet Potato Mash
- 1 1/2 tsps Rosemary (fresh or dried)
- 1 1/2 tsps Thyme (fresh or dried)
- 4 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 lbs Pork Tenderloin
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Sweet Potato (medium, peeled)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (optional)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- reheat oven to 400ºF (204ºC).
- Mash together rosemary, thyme, garlic, sea salt and black pepper into a paste.
- Cut slits into the pork tenderloin and stuff with the garlic herb paste. Rub pork tenderloin with the remaining paste and olive oil until evenly coated.
- Place in a baking pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 145ºF (63ºC). Cover with tinfoil and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, chop sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices. Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Place sweet potato in a steaming basket and steam for 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer into a bowl and mash with a fork. Add almond milk for a creamier consistency (optional) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice pork into servings and enjoy with sweet potato mash.
No Rosemary or ThymeReplace with any fresh or dried herbs on hand. You can also use just rosemary or just thyme, or a mixture of multiple herbs.
Add GreensServe with a side of salad or steamed veggies.
No Sweet PotatoUse regular potatoes or serve with rice or quinoa.
AIP-FriendlyOmit the black pepper.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 147mg | Sodium: 785mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 13917IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 3mg