Kale Greek Salad with Steak
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (de-seeded and cut into slices)
- 1/2 cup Red Onion (finely sliced)
- 1 Cucumber (diced)
- 4 cups Kale Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup Pitted Kalamata Olives (diced)
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsps Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 12 ozs Beef Tenderloin
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (218ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place red peppers in a large mixing bowl and toss with a splash of extra virgin olive oil and sea salt. Spread the red peppers across the baking sheet and bake in the oven on the middle rack for 20 minutes while you prepare the rest.
- Place red onion, cucumber, kale, cherry tomatoes, olives and feta cheese together in a large salad bowl and set aside.
- Create dressing by combining olive oil, vinegar, oregano, lemon juice, minced garlic, sea salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Whisk well and set aside.
- Remove roasted red peppers from oven and let cool. Once cool, add to bowl with salad ingredients.
- Increase the oven temperature to 500ºF (260ºC) and move the rack to the top setting.
- Season steak with sea salt and pepper on both sides. Place on the baking sheet with the parchment paper you used for the peppers. Place in the oven on the top rack and bake for 5 to 8 minutes per side depending on thickness and how you like your steak done.
- Remove steak from the oven and cut into thin strips. Add dressing to salad and toss well. Plate salad and add strips of steak over top. Enjoy!
Vegan & VegetariansSkip the steak and add roasted chickpeas.