Servings: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tbsps Italian Seasoning (divided)
- 1 2/3 cups Crushed Tomatoes (from the can)
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 4 cups Beef Broth
- 7 Lasagna Sheets (no boil)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 3 ozs Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for four to five minutes or until they have softened. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add a splash of broth or water if needed so the onions and garlic don't burn.
- Add the ground beef, breaking it up as it cooks. Add half of the Italian seasoning and continue to break up the beef. Cook for seven to eight minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, and the remaining Italian seasoning. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil then simmer partially covered for ten minutes.
- Break up the lasagna sheets into approximately two inch pieces and add them to the pot. Cook for another ten minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Divide into bowls, season with salt and pepper and top with mozzarella. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately 1 1/2 cups.
Gluten-FreeUse gluten-free pasta.
Dairy-FreeUse dairy-free cheese.
More FlavorAdd fresh parsley and basil.
No Ground BeefUse ground turkey, chicken, or pork.
Calories: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 571mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 434IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 125mg | Iron: 4mg