Lebanese Stuffed Zucchini
- 6 Zucchini (medium)
- 1/2 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 lb Ground Lamb
- 1 tsp Ground Allspice
- 2 tsps Sea Salt (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Organic Chicken Broth
- Use a melon baller or teaspoon to core out each zucchini, leaving about 1/3 of an inch of the shell all around. Set aside the pulp.
- In a bowl, combine the rice, ground lamb, allspice and 3/4 of the salt. Stuff the zucchini shells with the lamb mixture loosely as the rice will expand during cooking.
- In a skillet, add the tomato sauce, chicken broth, zucchini pulp and remaining salt. Bring to a simmer, then add the stuffed zucchinis into the tomato sauce. Cover with a lid and cook for about one hour, or until the rice is cooked through.
- Divide onto plates and enjoy!
Don’t Like Lamb or Prefer Leaner ProteinUse ground turkey, beef, pork or chicken instead.
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
More FlavorAdd cinnamon, cumin, sautéed onions and/or garlic to the meat mixture.
Additional ToppingsLemon juice, chopped parsley, mint, pine nuts or Greek yogurt.
Less TimeUse leftover cooked rice and cook until the zucchini is fork-tender.
No Basmati RiceUse brown rice, jasmine rice or quinoa instead, and adjust cooking time accordingly.
Prefer Lower CarbUse cauliflower rice or omit basmati rice