Lemon Paprika Shrimp with Kale
- 3 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 tsps Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsps Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 14 1/16 ozs Shrimp (large, peeled, deveined and tails removed)
- 1 1/2 tbsps Water
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice (divided)
- 5 cups Kale Leaves (finely chopped)
- In a mixing bowl whisk half of the olive oil, maple syrup, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes, if using, until combined. Add the shrimp to the sauce and toss until the shrimp are well coated.
- Heat a large non-stick pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and all of the sauce to the pan. Let the shrimp cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Add the water and half of the lemon juice and stir to coat the shrimp in the sauce. Let the sauce come to a gentle bubble then remove from heat. Transfer shrimp to a bowl and season with additional salt and lemon juice if needed. Set aside.
- To the same pan, add the remaining olive oil. Add the kale to the pan and cook until wilted and tender, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining lemon juice.
- Divide the shrimp and kale between plates and serve immediately. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
More FlavorServe with extra lemon wedges or fresh ground pepper on top.
Serving: 3g | Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 216mg | Sodium: 377mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2282IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 186mg | Iron: 2mg