Lemony Chicken with Rice & Peas
- 8 ozs Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless)
- 2 tbsps Parsley (chopped, divided)
- 2 tbsps Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice (dry)
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas (thawed)
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (215ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chicken breast, half of the parsley, cilantro, garlic, lemon juice, and half of the salt in a zipper-lock bag.
- Let the chicken sit in the marinade for about 10 minutes. Place the chicken on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 22 to 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, rinse the rice well using a fine mesh strainer under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Add the rinsed rice to a pot along with the water and remaining salt. Bring the rice to a boil over high heat, then cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook for about 15 minutes, then add peas and the remaining parsley. Continue cooking for 10 to 15 minutes or until the liquid has just been absorbed.
- Fluff the rice with a fork. Divide the rice mixture and chicken breast evenly between plates and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
More FlavorAdd paprika and chili flakes to the chicken marinade.