Lentil & Zucchini Couscous Bowl
- 1/2 cup Couscous (uncooked)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (medium, sliced)
- 1 Zucchini (medium, chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsps Cumin
- 1 cup Lentils (cooked)
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Broth (warm, divided)
- 1/4 cup Hummus
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 tbsps Cilantro (chopped)
- Cook the couscous according to the package directions. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until starting to brown, about four minutes. Add the zucchini and cook for two more minutes or until tender.
- Add the cumin, lentils, and half of the broth. Stir to combine and cook for one more minute or until heated through.
- In a small bowl, mix the hummus with the remaining broth.
- Divide the couscous, lentils, and spinach into each bowl. Top with the hummus dressing and cilantro. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Store the dressing separately and add just before serving.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately one cup of each the spinach and the lentil mixture, 1/2 cup couscous and three tablespoons hummus dressing.
Additional ToppingsToasted nuts and/or seeds.
Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 255mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3177IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 8mg