Lightened Up Caesar Salad
- 1/3 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 2 tbsps Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 12 leaves Romaine (chopped)
- 6 slices Bacon, Cooked (chopped)
- 1 cup Chickpeas (roasted)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (sliced)
- 1/2 Lemon (sliced into wedges)
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the Greek yogurt, minced garlic, apple cider vinegar, tamari, olive oil, Dijon mustard, sea salt and black pepper until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Add the chopped romaine and the dressing to a large mixing bowl and toss well. Top with the chopped bacon, roasted chickpeas, and sliced tomatoes. Divide between plates and serve with a lemon wedge. Enjoy!
No BaconUse turkey bacon or coconut bacon instead.
No Crispy ChickpeasUse whole grain croutons instead.
Optional ToppingsAvocado, parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 629mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 7747IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 3mg