Lime Basil Grilled Tuna Steaks
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 1/4 cup Basil Leaves (chopped, plus extra for garnish)
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 12 ozs Tuna Steak
- 1 Tomato (large, chopped)
- 1 Cucumber (chopped)
- 1/4 Lemon (juiced)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Add the tuna steaks to a ziploc bag and pour in the marinade. Shake well then store in the fridge while you prep the rest.
- Combine the diced tomato and cucumber together in a bowl. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, lemon juice and season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill over medium heat.
- Grill the steaks for about 4 minutes per side, or until they are cooked to your liking.
- Remove fish from the grill. Plate on a bed of the cucumber tomato salad and garnish with basil. Enjoy!
No TunaUse marlin, salmon or swordfish steaks instead.
More FlavourMarinate the tuna steaks up to 24 hours in advance for maximum flavour.
More CarbsServe with a side of rice, quinoa or roasted mini potatoes.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 399mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1383IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 2mg