Maple Miso Chicken Skillet
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tbsps Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsps Miso Paste
- 1 lb Chicken Breast (cubed)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (medium, sliced)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (medium, sliced)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup and miso paste. Set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about seven to eight minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add the remaining oil and the peppers. Cook for ten minutes or until soft. Add the chicken and the maple miso sauce and warm through. Season with salt and pepper. Divide evenly between plates and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
More FlavorAdd sesame oil to maple miso sauce. Add spinach or kale at the end until wilted.
Serve it WithServe over rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice. Serve with corn tortillas and shredded lettuce to make fajitas.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 469mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1058IU | Vitamin C: 123mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg