Garlic Beef Stir Fry with Quinoa & Peas
- 1 lb Beef Tenderloin (sliced into strips)
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 3 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 2 tbsps Tamari (divided)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 1/4 cups Quinoa (dry)
- 2 cups Water
- 2 stalks Green Onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Frozen Peas (thawed)
- In a bowl, toss beef strips with half the olive oil, garlic, half the tamari and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the quinoa and water together in a pot. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cover. Let simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, or until all water is absorbed. Remove lid, fluff with a fork and stir in the remaining tamari, green onion and spinach.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the garlic beef until it reaches your desired doneness.
- Divide the quinoa, beef and peas into storage containers and refrigerate. Reheat in a microwave or pan over the stove before serving.
StorageRefrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 days after cooking. You may also freeze the cooked quinoa, and raw garlic beef marinade in separate freezer bags.
No BeefUse diced chicken breast, cooked chickpeas or tofu instead.
No PeasUse snap peas, green beans, broccoli, mushrooms, peppers or any vegetables you have on hand.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 611kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 35g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 1195mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2494IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 6mg