Greek Chicken Bowls
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Brown Rice (dry)
- 1 lb Chicken Breast (skinless, boneless)
- 2 tbsps Greek Seasoning
- 1 Cucumber (medium, diced)
- 1/2 cup Red Onion (medium, diced)
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Red Wine Vinegar
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (177ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- While the oven is heating, bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the brown rice, reduce to a simmer, cover and let cook for 30 minutes.
- Once the rice is on, lay the chicken breast on the baking sheet and sprinkle with Greek seasoning. Place in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While the chicken and rice are cooking, dice your cucumber and red onion. Add them to a large bowl along with the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Divide the rice between containers along with the chicken and veggies. Enjoy!
StorageKeeps well in the fridge for 3 days.
More FlavourAdd feta cheese or Tzatziki sauce if desired.
Homemade Greek SeasoningMix together 1/4 cup dried oregano, 3 tablespoons dried thyme, 2 tablespoons fine sea salt, 1.5 tablespoons dried basil, 1.5 tablespoons dried onion flakes and 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 1022mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 734IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg