Meatball Spaghetti Squash
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (small, finely diced)
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Spaghetti Squash (medium, halved lengthwise, seeds removed)
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, garlic, basil, thyme, and salt. Form the mixture into meatballs and transfer to one of the baking sheets.
- On a separate baking sheet, place the spaghetti squash flesh-side down. Cook the squash for about 30 to 35 minutes (or until fork tender), and the meatballs for 15 to 20 minutes (or until cooked through).
- Meanwhile, warm up the tomato sauce in a saucepan over low-medium heat.
- When cool enough to handle, use a fork to shred the squash into noodles. Top with the meatballs and tomato sauce. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving equals approximately three to four meatballs and half of a spaghetti squash.
More FlavorAdd dried oregano, dried rosemary, dried parsley, Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs and/or egg to the meatball mixture. Use marinara or spaghetti sauce instead of tomato sauce.
Additional ToppingsFresh basil, parmesan or nutritional yeast.
Save TimeUse store-bought frozen meatballs instead.
Make it VeganUse veggie meatballs or falafels instead.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 233mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 951IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 5mg