Mediterranean Breakfast Bowl
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup Hummus
- 1/4 cup Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 1/4 tsp Chili Flakes
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to boil and add the egg. Boil for seven to eight minutes then immediately remove and place in icy water.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the mushrooms and cook for five to six minutes or until browned.
- Add the tomatoes, spinach, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until the spinach has wilted, about two to three minutes.
- Add the cooked vegetables, hummus, and olives to a bowl. Peel the egg, slice it in half and add it to the bowl. Sprinkle chili flakes all over. Enjoy!
LeftoversBest enjoyed immediately.
Cooked EggIf you don’t like jammy eggs, boil them longer or make them the way you like them (scrambled, fried, poached).
More ProteinAdd another egg.
Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 636mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 6642IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 162mg | Iron: 7mg