Mexican Spiced Tofu with Cauliflower Rice
- 2 lb Tofu (extra firm, drained and cubed)
- 1 .5 tsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 4 cups Cauliflower Rice
- 8 oz Avocado
- 1 tbsp Red Onion (diced very small)
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 Lime (juiced, divided, plus additional slices for garnish)
- 3 stalks Celery (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (for garnish, roughly chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the tofu with oil, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder and half the salt. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, remove, flip the tofu and bake for 10 to 12 minutes more. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat, add the cauliflower rice and stir often. Cook for 5 minutes or until the cauliflower is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, add the avocado and mash with a fork. Then add the red onion, garlic, 1/4 of the lime juice and the remaining salt.
- Divide the cauliflower rice into bowls and top with tofu, guacamole, celery and cilantro. Squeeze the remaining lime juice on top of each bowl and serve with lime slices, if using. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days. For best results, reheat in the oven to crisp them back up.
More FlavorServe with ketchup, hummus or your favorite dipping sauce.
Additional ToppingsCilantro, lime zest, salsa and/or guacamole.
No Olive OilUse avocado oil instead.