Moroccan Chicken Stew
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 10 ozs Chicken Breast (skinless, boneless, diced into chunks)
- 2 Yellow Onion (medium, diced)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsps Sea Salt
- 3 Tomato (large, diced)
- 1/2 cup Parsley (finely chopped and divided)
- 2 tbsps Raw Honey
- 1/3 cup Raisins
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large pot or saucepan. Add chicken, onion, turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom, cayenne and salt. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, half the parsley, honey and raisins. Cover and cook for another 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thick.
- Uncover and serve immediately. Garnish with remaining parsley. Enjoy!
Serve it WithCrusty bread, brown or white rice, quinoa, brown rice tortillas, roasted squash, sweet potato, or our Paleo Tabbouleh recipe.
StorageRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or freeze if longer.
Make it Vegan or VegetarianUse chickpeas instead of chicken and maple syrup instead of honey.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 962mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 1955IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 4mg