Moroccan Spiced Chicken & Vegetables with Couscous
Servings: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup Couscous (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (large, sliced)
- 1 Carrot (medium, sliced)
- 1 Zucchini (medium, sliced)
- 1 cup Diced Tomatoes (from the can, with juices)
- 1 tsp Moroccan Spice Blend
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 8 ozs Chicken Breast (skinless)
- Cook the couscous according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a splash of broth and cook the onions for five minutes or until softened. Add the carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, Moroccan spice blend, and remaining broth. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the chicken to the skillet. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the carrots are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the chicken and vegetable tomato sauce over the cooked couscous and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to 1 1/2 cups vegetables and one cup of couscous with chicken.
Additional ToppingsTop with cilantro and/or parsley.
Gluten-FreeUse quinoa in place of couscous.
More FlavorCook the couscous in chicken broth instead of water.
Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 457mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 5826IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 5mg