Muhammarra Chickpea Skillet
Servings: 3 servings
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 4 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 4 1/2 ozs Roasted Red Peppers (drained and chopped)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts (chopped, divided)
- 2 tsps Chili Flakes (divided)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsps Tomato Paste
- 1 3/4 cups Chickpeas (cooked)
- 2 tbsps Parsley (curly, chopped)
- 1 Whole Wheat Pita (toasted)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil, onion, garlic, red peppers, half of the walnuts, half of the chili flakes, sea salt, and tomato paste. Cook until the onion has softened and everything is fragrant, about five minutes.
- Transfer everything to a high-powered blender or food processor. Pulse until the mixture is somewhat smooth but still textured. Return the mixture to the skillet.
- Add the chickpeas to the skillet to warm, stirring to combine. Once warmed through, transfer to a shallow serving plate. Garnish with the remaining walnuts, chili flakes, and parsley. Serve with pita bread. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is approximately one cup.
Additional ToppingsPomegranate seeds.
Gluten-FreeOmit the pita or use a gluten-free pita.
Calories: 414kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 423mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 969IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 5mg