Mushroom Miso Soup
- 3 cups Water
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 1/2 cups Shiitake Mushrooms (sliced)
- 6 ozs Tofu (drained, rinsed and cut into cubes)
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- 3 tbsps Miso Paste
- 2 cups Kale Leaves (roughly chopped)
- 2 stalks Green Onion (optional, sliced)
- Add the water and broth to a medium sized pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and add the mushrooms. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tofu, ginger and tamari and ensure the broth is lightly simmering. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- In a small bowl, add the miso paste, and ladle in some of the hot broth and whisk. Add the miso mixture to the pot and stir to combine. Add the kale leaves and simmer for 1 minute more.
- Divide the miso soup into bowls and top with green onion, if using. Serve and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is approximately 2 cups.
More FlavorAdd sesame oil once finished cooking.
Additional ToppingsAdd noodles, or some nori to the soup when finished cooking.
No Vegetable BrothUse water instead and increase the amount of miso slightly for more flavor.
Miso PasteThis recipe was developed and tested using white miso.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 2103mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1754IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 343mg | Iron: 3mg