One Pan Chicken & Carrots with Orange Soy Glaze
- 10 ozs Chicken Breast
- 1/2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 Carrot (medium-sized, chopped into 4" pieces)
- 2 tbsps Tamari
- 1 1/2 tbsps Sriracha
- 1 tbsp Orange Juice (plus zest from half an orange)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Ginger (fresh, minced)
- 2 stalks Green Onion (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (218ºC). Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Rub the oil on the skin side of the chicken.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat and once hot, add the chicken. Cook for five minutes. Increase the heat to medium and continue cooking for 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate skin side up and set aside.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, add the carrots, spacing them out as much as you can, side-by-side. Cook for three to four minutes. Turn and cook for an additional three to four minutes, until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the tamari, sriracha, orange juice, orange zest, honey, and ginger in a bowl. Stir to combine then set aside.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet, laying on top of the carrots. Drizzle the tamari sauce all over the chicken and carrots. Place in the oven and cook for 15 to 18 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven and let rest for five to 10 minutes.
- Divide onto plates and top with green onion. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately four carrots and one chicken breast.
Additional ToppingsTop with sesame seeds.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 1550mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 41677IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 2mg