One Pan Chicken & Radishes
- 10 ozs Chicken Leg, Bone-In (skin on)
- 1/4 tsp Ground Sumac (divided)
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seed (ground)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon (sliced, zest from half the lemon reserved)
- 2 cups Radishes (trimmed, halved, tops removed and washed/dried)
- 4 Garlic (cloves, skin on)
- 2 tbsps Fresh Oregano (divided)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC).
- Season the chicken with half the sumac, ground fennel seed, salt and pepper. Heat a cast-iron pan over medium heat, and add the oil. Add the chicken, skin side down, and sear for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned and crispy.
- Add the lemon zest to the chicken. Add the radishes, garlic cloves and lemon slices to the pan. Season the radishes with salt, pepper, half the oregano and remaining sumac. Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, turning the chicken halfway.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and take the chicken out. Add the radish tops and place back in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes, until just wilted.
- Divide everything evenly between plates. Garnish with the remaining oregano. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
No SumacOmit or replace with another herb.
No Fresh OreganoUse dried and reduce the amount or use another fresh herb such as rosemary.
Radish TopsIf using fresh radishes, the tops should be nice and green. Simply cut them from the radishes, wash and dry them. If they don’t look fresh or they aren’t attached, omit or use another green such as kale, spinach or arugula.