One Pan Sausage with Parsnips & Apples
- 3 Parsnip (large, peeled, chopped)
- 1 Yellow Onion (cut into wedges)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 lb Pork Sausage (sliced)
- 1 Apple (chopped)
- 2 tbsps Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Parsley (chopped, optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the parsnip and onion with the oil, thyme and salt. Transfer to the baking sheet along with the sliced sausage and arrange into a single layer. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the sausage is cooked through and the parsnip is just tender.
- Turn the oven to broil. Mix the apple into the sausage and vegetables and broil for 5 to 6 minutes until the apple is just soft and vegetables start to caramelize.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over top. If using, mix in the parsley, and season with additional salt if needed. Divide between plates and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
More FlavorAdd garlic powder and/or black pepper. Choose spicy or honey garlic sausage instead.
No PorkUse chicken or turkey sausage instead.
AppleUse a tart-sweet apple, like Empire or MacIntosh.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 516kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 36g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 1196mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 434IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 3mg