One Pot Beef, Rice & Peppers
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsps Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 cups Diced Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups Basmati Rice
- 1 3/4 cups Chicken Broth
- Heat a large dutch oven over medium heat. Add the beef to the pan, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Once it is cooked through, transfer the meat to a bowl and set aside. Drain any excess drippings from the pan.
- Add the onion and pepper to the dutch oven and cook over medium heat for about three minutes or until softened, stirring often. Add the smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic, and salt. Cook for one minute while mixing well.
- Add the beef back to the dutch oven along with the diced tomatoes and their juices. Add the rice and broth. Stir well and place the lid on to partially cover. Turn up the heat and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, leaving the lid on partially. Simmer for 25 to 28 minutes, until the rice is cooked through and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Divide into bowls and enjoy!
LeftoversStore in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or freeze for longer.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately 1 1/3 cups.
Additional ToppingsTop with shredded cheddar cheese, cilantro or green onion.
More SpiceAdd chili flakes or other spicy pepper.
No Chicken BrothUse water, beef broth, vegetable broth, or bone broth (higher protein).
Lower CarbUse cauliflower rice instead of basmati.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 521kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 1111mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2072IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 4mg