One Pot Cajun Shrimp & Rice
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Zucchini (medium, chopped)
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice (dry)
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 lb Shrimp (frozen)
- 2 tsps Cajun Seasoning
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup Parsley (chopped)
- Warm the oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and stir for one minute, then add the bell peppers and zucchini and continue to cook for three to five minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring for one minute. Add the broth, shrimp, Cajun seasoning, salt, and black pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat. Top with parsley and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately 1 1/2 cups.
Make it VeganUse tofu or tempeh in place of the shrimp.