One Pot Cheeseburger Pasta
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 lbs Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Carrot (medium, finely diced)
- 2 tsps Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 1/2 cups Diced Tomatoes (with juices)
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 3 1/2 ozs Chickpea Pasta (dry)
- 4 ozs Cheddar Cheese, Low Fat (shredded)
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef, carrot, basil, and salt. Cook for five minutes, stirring often. Drain any excess oil.
- Add the diced tomatoes, water, and brown rice fusilli. Stir until well combined and the fusilli is mostly submerged. Cover with a lid and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through.
- Open the lid and stir the pasta again. Top with the shredded cheese and close the lid until melted. Divide between bowls and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving equals approximately 1 1/2 to 2 cups.
Dairy-FreeUse vegan cheese, nutritional yeast, or omit.
More FlavorAdd fresh basil, oregano, onion, and/or garlic.
Additional ToppingsSliced green onions, chopped pickles, avocado and/or plain yogurt.
Make it VeganUse lentils instead of ground beef.
More VeggiesStir in finely chopped spinach before topping with cheese.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 486mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2338IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 5mg