One Pot Taco Pasta
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 4 stalks Green Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 tsp Cumin (ground)
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tomato (large, diced)
- 1/2 cup Frozen Corn (thawed)
- 1/2 cup Black Beans (cooked, from the can)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Salsa
- 2 cups Pasta Shells (dry, uncooked)
- Heat oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Add the beef, and break it up with a wooden spoon or spatula as it cooks. Once it is cooked through and no longer pink, drain any excess drippings.
- Add onions and garlic to the pan with the beef and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt, diced tomato, corn, black beans and bell pepper to the pot and stir to incorporate with the meat. Cook the vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, salsa and pasta. Bring everything to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked through and tender. Stir every 3 to 4 minutes as it cooks, to ensure the pasta isn't sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat, divide into bowls and serve immediately. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving equals approximately 1 1/2 cups.
No Ground BeefUse ground chicken or turkey instead.
Vegan & VegetarianSwap the ground meat out for cooked lentils.
Optional ToppingsGrated cheese, sour cream, avocado, fresh lime, cilantro or extra salsa.
Likes it SpicyStir in a chopped jalapeno and a pinch of cayenne with the other vegetables and spices.
No Brown Rice Pasta ShellsUse any other type of pasta or pasta shell instead like whole wheat penne or chickpea fusilli.