One Pot Taco Pasta
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 4 stalks Green Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 tsp Cumin (ground)
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tomato (large, diced)
- 1/2 cup Frozen Corn (thawed)
- 1/2 cup Black Beans (cooked, from the can)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Salsa
- 2 cups Pasta Shells (dry, uncooked)
- Heat oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Add the beef, and break it up with a wooden spoon or spatula as it cooks. Once it is cooked through and no longer pink, drain any excess drippings.
- Add onions and garlic to the pan with the beef and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt, diced tomato, corn, black beans and bell pepper to the pot and stir to incorporate with the meat. Cook the vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, salsa and pasta. Bring everything to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked through and tender. Stir every 3 to 4 minutes as it cooks, to ensure the pasta isn't sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat, divide into bowls and serve immediately. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving equals approximately 1 1/2 cups.
No Ground BeefUse ground chicken or turkey instead.
Vegan & VegetarianSwap the ground meat out for cooked lentils.
Optional ToppingsGrated cheese, sour cream, avocado, fresh lime, cilantro or extra salsa.
Likes it SpicyStir in a chopped jalapeno and a pinch of cayenne with the other vegetables and spices.
No Brown Rice Pasta ShellsUse any other type of pasta or pasta shell instead like whole wheat penne or chickpea fusilli.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 865mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1595IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 3mg