Paleo Grits with Shrimp & Sausage
- 1 head Cauliflower (sliced into florets)
- 1 1/2 tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 ozs Shrimp (peeled, deveined)
- 8 ozs Chicken Sausage (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tsps Sea Salt
- 3 stalks Green Onion (sliced)
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large steaming basket on the stove. Cover, bring to a boil and steam for 10 to 15 minutes, or until very soft. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the shrimp, sausage and cajun seasoning. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Transfer the steamed cauliflower to a food processor or blender along with the water and salt. Process until desired texture is reached, being sure to allow space for the heat to escape.
- Divide the puréed cauliflower into bowls and top with the shrimp, sausage, and green onion. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving equals approximately 1 cup of puréed cauliflower, three shrimp, and half a sausage.
More FlavorUse bone broth or coconut milk instead of water in the puréed cauliflower. Add garlic powder and dried herbs.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 205mg | Sodium: 2053mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 360IU | Vitamin C: 72mg | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 4mg