Pan Seared Chicken with Garlicky Cranberry Sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs Chicken Thighs (bone-in, skin on)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Frozen Cranberries
- 1 cup Bone Broth (divided)
- 2 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Season both sides of the chicken thighs with the salt.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, or another oven-safe pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Brown the seasoned chicken thighs starting with skin-side down for 5 to 7 minutes then flip and brown the other side for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the frozen cranberries and half of the broth to the pan. Transfer to the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken, place it on a plate and keep warm.
- Place the pan with the cranberries over medium heat and add the garlic, thyme, coconut aminos and the remaining stock and stir to combine. Bring the sauce to a gentle boil and let it simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 8 minutes. Season with additional salt if needed.
- To serve, divide the cranberry sauce and chicken between plates. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
More FlavorFor a sweeter sauce, add a drizzle of maple syrup. For a tart sauce, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of frozen cranberries in with the garlic.
Additional ToppingsTop with fresh thyme or parsley.
No Frozen CranberriesUse fresh cranberries instead.
Make it a MealServe with roasted veggies and quinoa or rice.