Pan Seared Salmon with Lemony Cabbage & Carrots
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 4 cups Green Cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1 Carrot (medium, cut into matchsticks)
- 2 tbsps Water
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 1 Lemon (large, divided)
- 12 ozs Salmon Fillet (boneless, skinless)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Heat 2/3 of the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add cabbage and carrot. Stir to coat in the oil and saute for a minute then add the water and cover with the lid. Steam for five to eight minutes or until the cabbage wilts down and the carrot is just tender, stirring once if needed. Season with half of the salt and the juice from half of the lemon. Transfer to a bowl to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, pat the salmon fillets dry and season both sides with the garlic powder and the remaining salt. Cut the remaining lemon into wedges and set aside.
- Carefully wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel then add the remaining oil. Add the seasoned salmon fillets to the pan and cook for four to five minutes per side or until the salmon is cooked through and browned. Season with additional salt if needed.
- Divide the cabbage, salmon, and lemon wedges between plates. Squeeze the lemon wedges over top just before serving. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
No Green CabbageUse purple cabbage instead.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to 6 ounces of salmon and 1.5 cups of the cabbage and carrot mix.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 424mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5339IU | Vitamin C: 76mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 2mg