Pan Seared Sea Bass with Crispy Capers
- 7 ozs Sea Bass Fillet
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 tsp Capers (drained, patted dry)
- 1 tsp Chives (chopped)
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Pat the sea bass dry and score the back of the skin about 4 to 5 times to prevent the skin from curling up when cooking. Season with salt.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add half the oil and then add the dried capers. Cook until crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, add the remaining oil and then add the sea bass skin side down. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Plate the sea bass and top with the capers, chives and lemon juice. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to two days.
More FlavorAdd butter to the skillet right before the sea bass is finished cooking and spoon it over the fish.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 497mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 353IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg