Parchment Baked Cod with Olive Chimichurri
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 Lemon (sliced)
- 2 Cod Fillet
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup Green Olives (pitted, chopped)
- 2 tbsps Parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 Garlic (clove, finely chopped)
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsps Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (205ºC). Cut pieces of parchment paper, about 18-inches (45 cm) long. You'll need one per fillet of fish. Fold each piece of parchment in half then unfold.
- Divide the lemon slices between parchment pieces into a single layer. Season each fillet with salt and pepper and place them on top of the lemons.
- Fold the other side of the parchment paper over the fish. Starting at one side, crimp and fold the edges of the parchment together to tightly seal the packets. Carefully transfer the parchment packets to a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 15 to 16 minutes or until fish is cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine together the olives, parsley, garlic, oil, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the cooked fish with the olive chimichurri and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate the fish and chimichurri in separate containers for up to two days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to one cod fillet and approximately 1/4 cup olive chimichurri.
More FlavorAdd cilantro and chili flakes to the chimichurri.
Fillet SizeOne cod fillet is equal to 231 grams or eight ounces.
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 292mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 488IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 3mg