Peanut Butter Curry Chickpea Stew
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (medium, diced)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (grated)
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup All Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 1 Zucchini (sliced)
- 2 Carrot (medium, peeled and sliced)
- 4 cups Chickpeas (cooked)
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-low heat and melt the coconut oil. Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the spices and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add the water to deglaze the pan, then stir in the peanut butter.
- Add the vegetable broth and almond milk. Stir until all is smoothly combined. Add the salt.
- Add the pepper, zucchini, carrots and chickpeas and stir well to mix. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the lime juice and cilantro. Divide into bowls, and top with more cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
LeftoversStore in the fridge up to 4 days or freeze.
Serving SizeOne serving is approximately 2 cups.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 467kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1002mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 6639IU | Vitamin C: 55mg | Calcium: 260mg | Iron: 8mg