Pear & Arugula Salad with Chicken
- 12 ozs Chicken Breast
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 4 cups Arugula
- 1 Pear (chopped)
- 2 tbsps Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp Walnuts (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsps Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC). Place chicken breasts in a baking dish and season with salt and Italian seasoning. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Let the chicken rest for five to 10 minutes then cut it into slices.
- Meanwhile, divide the arugula between plates and top with the pear, red onion, and chopped walnuts. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and top with the sliced chicken. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Slice the pears just before serving for best results.
Nut-FreeOmit the walnuts or use sunflower or pumpkin seeds instead.
No ChickenUse salmon, shrimp, chickpeas, or tofu instead.
No ArugulaUse baby spinach instead.
No PearUse apple instead.
More FatAdd extra virgin olive oil and mix with the balsamic vinegar.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 314kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 241mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1023IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 2mg