Pesto Barley & Tofu Bowl
- 1/2 cup Pearl Barley (dry, rinsed well)
- 1 1/2 tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 6 1/8 ozs Tofu (extra firm, pressed then cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups Broccoli (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Pesto
- Cook the barley according to package directions until soft but chewy, approximately 25 to 30 minutes. Drain any excess liquid from the pot and fluff the barley with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat half of the oil in a pan. Brown the tofu pieces for three to five minutes per side until golden brown. Transfer to a plate, season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the same pan then add the chopped broccoli. Cook for eight to 10 minutes or until the broccoli is fork-tender.
- Add the cooked barley and tofu to the pan with the broccoli and stir in the pesto. Cook for one to two minutes or until the tofu pieces are warmed through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide between bowls and enjoy!