Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 lbs Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 ozs Top Sirloin Steak (thinly sliced)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- 8 ozs Mozzarella Cheese, Low Fat (shredded)
- 8 cups Baby Spinach
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (205ºC). Arrange the portobello mushroom caps on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and soak up any excess liquid with a towel.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the steak for about three to five minutes or until your desired doneness is reached. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top each portobello mushroom cap with cheese, followed by the sliced steak, and topped with more cheese. Set the oven to broil and return the stuffed mushrooms to the oven. Cook for about three minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve over a bed of spinach and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving equals approximately two stuffed portobello mushroom caps and two cups of spinach.
Dairy-FreeUse vegan cheese instead of provolone or omit completely.
More FlavorAdd mayonnaise, horseradish, or Italian seasoning.
Additional ToppingsAdd garlic, onions, or bell peppers to the steak mixture.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 536mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 6031IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 485mg | Iron: 4mg