Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Red Peppers
- 4 Red Bell Pepper (medium, halved)
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (small, sliced)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (small, diced)
- 1 lb Top Sirloin Steak (thinly sliced)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste, divided)
- 4 ozs Provolone Cheese (sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF (165ºC). Arrange the red bell pepper halves on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onions and green bell pepper until soft, about six minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the steak and cook for three minutes, or until your desired doneness is reached. Season with more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Place a slice of provolone at the bottom of each red bell pepper. Top with the steak mixture and another slice of provolone. Set the oven to broil and return the stuffed peppers to the oven. Cook for about three minutes, or until golden brown. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Dairy-FreeUse vegan cheese instead of provolone cheese or omit completely.
More FlavorAdd mayonnaise, horseradish, or Italian seasoning.
Additional ToppingsAdd garlic and mushrooms to the steak mixture.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 271mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4085IU | Vitamin C: 176mg | Calcium: 264mg | Iron: 3mg