Pork, Apple & Onion Hash
Servings: 2 servings
- 8 ozs Lean Ground Pork
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 2 tsps Thyme (fresh)
- 1 1/2 tsps Avocado Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (large, chopped)
- 1/2 cup Sauerkraut (drained)
- 1 Apple (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 1/2 tsps Ginger (fresh, grated)
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the meat, breaking up the as it cooks. Cook for five to seven minutes. Season with the salt and thyme. Set aside.
- Add the oil to the skillet. Add the onions and sauté for two to three minutes until softened. Add the sauerkraut and cook for two more minutes. Add the apples and continue cooking for six to eight minutes, or until the apple has softened.
- Return the meat to the pan. Add the fresh ginger and cook for two minutes to heat through. Divide evenly between plates and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is approximately 1 1/2 cup.
More FlavorUse ground turkey or chicken in place of pork.
Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 462mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 94IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 4mg