Pork & Cabbage Soup
- 1 lb Lean Ground Pork
- 1 1/2 tsps Coconut Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 2 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Carrot (large, cut into matchsticks)
- 3 cups Green Cabbage (sliced thin)
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 2 stalks Green Onion (chopped, plus more for garnish)
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the pork to the pan, breaking it up as it cooks. Once it is cooked through transfer it to a plate and set aside. Drain any excess drippings from the pan.
- Add the coconut oil to the same pot. Add the onions and cook for about five minutes or until the onions begin to soften. Add the garlic and ginger. Continue to cook for another minute.
- Add the browned pork back to the pot and then add the carrots and cabbage and stir to combine. Add the chicken broth and bring the soup to a gentle boil. Continue to cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the carrots and cabbage are tender.
- Stir in the coconut aminos and green onion. Season the soup with additional salt if needed. Divide between bowls and garnish with additional green onion (if desired). Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is approximately equal to two cups of soup.
More FlavorUse fresh ginger instead or use sesame oil instead of coconut oil.
Additional ToppingsBean sprouts, cilantro, and/or sriracha.
More VeggiesAdd mushrooms, celery, and/or kale.
No PorkUse ground chicken or turkey instead.