Pork Roast with Creamy Onion Gravy
- 2 cups Bone Broth
- 3 Yellow Onion (cut into wedges)
- 4 Garlic (clove, roughly chopped)
- 2 1/4 lbs Pork Loin Roast
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsps Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (218ºC).
- Add the broth, onion and garlic to the bottom of a small roasting pan, dutch oven or high-sided baking dish.
- Drizzle the pork with the olive oil and then season with the Italian seasoning and salt. Rub the seasoning on all sides of the roast. Place the pork roast on top of the onions in the roasting pan.
- Transfer the meat to the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350ºF (176ºC) and continue to roast for 40 to 55 minutes (about 20 to 25 minutes per pound) or until the pork is cooked through. Transfer the cooked roast to a plate to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the gravy. Transfer the cooking liquid, roasted onions and garlic from the roasting pan to a blender or food processor. Add the coconut aminos and blend until smooth. Add extra chicken broth to achieve your desired consistency, if necessary. Season with additional salt if needed.
- To serve, slice the pork, divide between plates and top with the gravy. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Freeze for up to two months.
More FlavorAdd garlic powder or onion powder to the pork seasoning.
Serve it WithServe alongside roasted vegetables and mashed potatoes/cauliflower or Za’atar cauliflower & roasted potatoes also in this month’s book.
GravyIf most of the cooking liquid evaporated during cooking, add enough additional chicken stock to just cover the onions in the blender. Then thin the gravy with additional broth if needed.
No Coconut AminosUse tamari instead.
No Italian SeasoningUse a combination of dried herbs.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 587mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 9IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 3mg