Pork & Veggie Meatballs
- 1 Apple (medium, cored, grated)
- 1 Zucchini (medium, grated)
- 1 lb Lean Ground Pork
- 1 Sweet Potato (small, grated)
- 1/3 cup Parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 10 cups Baby Spinach
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a paper towel or a kitchen towel, squeeze as much moisture out of the grated apple and zucchini as possible. Set aside into a large bowl.
- To the same bowl, add ground pork, sweet potato, parsley, garlic and sea salt. Mix well. Roll the mixture into 1.5-inch balls.
- Place the meatballs on the baking sheet and place in the oven for 15 to 16 minutes.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat, add the spinach and cook until just wilted. Divide the spinach between plates and top with the meatballs. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Freeze the meatballs for up to two months.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately five meatballs.
Making the MeatballsEnsure that the zucchini and apple are well squeezed of excess moisture, otherwise, the mix will be too wet to hold together.
More FlavorServe over top of rice, cauliflower rice, or alongside roasted vegetables.