Potato Chickpea Breakfast Hash with Fried Eggs
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 Russet Potato (medium, cut into small cubes)
- 1/4 cup Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups Chickpeas (cooked, rinsed well)
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 3/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 cups Baby Spinach (chopped)
- 2 Egg
- Heat 3/4 of the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the potatoes and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes start to brown and soften. Add the onion and continue to cook for five to six minutes more.
- Add the chickpeas, paprika, garlic powder, and salt and continue to cook until the potatoes are tender and chickpeas are warmed through, about three to five minutes. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Season with additional salt if needed.
- Heat the remaining oil in a second pan over medium heat. Cook the eggs to your liking. Season with additional salt to taste.
- Divide the potato hash and eggs between plates. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Cook eggs just before serving.
More FlavorAdd other dried herbs and spices to the potato hash to taste, like cumin, chili powder, or oregano. Add bell pepper, jalapeno, or top with fresh herbs.
No SpinachUse kale instead.
No EggsOmit or serve beside protein of choice instead (chicken, tofu, pork, or beef).
Serving: 2g | Calories: 437kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 708mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3692IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 7mg