Potato & Turkey Breakfast Casserole
- 2 Yellow Potato (chopped into small cubes)
- 8 ozs Turkey Sausage (casing removed)
- 2 cups Kale Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 8 Egg
- 1 cup Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC).
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Place the potatoes into the water and cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a pan over medium heat, brown the sausage, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks. When the sausage is no longer pink, add the chopped kale to the pan and cook until just wilted.
- Add the cooked potatoes and sausage mixture to a baking dish. Then add the tomatoes. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk and salt. Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish making sure the potatoes, sausage mixture and tomatoes are equally covered with eggs.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until eggs are set and firm to the touch. Cut into squares and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Baking DishFor six servings, use an 8.5 x 11.5-inch or 9 x 9-inch baking dish.
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Vegetarian OptionOmit the sausage completely or substitute it for additional vegetables like bell pepper and mushrooms.
No KaleUse spinach or Swiss chard instead.
No TomatoUse chopped bell pepper instead.
No SausageUse bacon or ground pork instead.