Pressure Cooker Lentil Taco Bowl
- 1 1/2 cups Dry Green Lentils (rinsed)
- 3 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce (plain)
- 1 1/2 tbsps Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 heads Romaine Hearts (finely chopped)
- 2 Tomato (large, diced)
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper (large, finely chopped)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Lime (cut into wedges)
- Combine the lentils, water, tomato sauce, taco seasoning, and salt in the pot of the pressure cooker.
- Close the lid. Set to “sealing”, then press manual/pressure cooker and cook for 12 minutes on high pressure. Once it is done, release the pressure manually. Remove the lid carefully.
- Stir the lentils well and season with additional salt if needed.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the tomato, jalapeno, and onion.
- When ready to serve, divide the lettuce and lentils evenly between bowls and top with the tomato-jalapeno mixture. Squeeze fresh lime juice over top and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate the lentils in an airtight container for up to four days. Assemble the salad just before serving.
Serving SizeOne serving is approximately one cup of lentils.
More FlavorAdd fresh garlic, lime juice, or other dried herbs and spices to taste. Use vegetable broth instead of water.
Additional ToppingsAvocado, onions, jalapeno, cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, or your favorite taco topping.
No BowlServe with tortillas or as lettuce wraps instead.