Quinoa-Crusted Chicken ‘Parm’ with Salsa
- 3 tbsps Ground Flax Seed
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup Quinoa (dry)
- 10 ozs Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless, sliced horizontally)
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (204ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flax, water, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Set it aside to thicken for five minutes.
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package.
- Pat the sliced chicken dry and coat in the flax mixture. Let the excess drip off, then transfer the chicken to the quinoa mixture. Press the quinoa into the chicken with your hands until completely coated. Transfer to a baking sheet and repeat for the remaining chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven, spread salsa overtop and bake for 5 more minutes or until cooked through. Enjoy!
Serve it WithBrown rice spaghetti, garlic bread, roasted veggies, or salad.
No SalsaUse homemade salsa, or a favorite store-bought marinara or pasta sauce instead.
Real Cheese LoverPlace sliced mozzarella over salsa and set the oven to high broil for the remaining 3 minutes.
LeftoversRefrigerate in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.