Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 stalks Celery (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (large, peeled, chopped)
- 1 Yellow Onion (medium, chopped)
- 2 Garlic (large clove, minced)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 ib Chicken Breast (bone-in, skin removed, trimmed)
- 6 ozs Chickpea Pasta (dry)
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the celery, carrot, and onion to the pot and cook for eight to 10 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, salt, and thyme to the pot. Stir to combine and cook for another minute.
- Add the broth and then place the chicken in the pot. Bring the soup to a gentle boil and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and pulls easily.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred the cooked chicken with two forks until no large pieces remain. Return the chicken to the pot. Season the soup with additional salt if needed.
- To serve, divide the soup between bowls and stir in the cooked pasta. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is approximately one cup of soup and 1/4 cup of macaroni.
More FlavorAdd other dried herbs and spices, like parsley, sage, or oregano.
Chicken BrothA low sodium chicken broth was used to create this recipe. Adjust salt to taste if needed. Add more broth if thick soup is desired.
More VeggiesAdd spinach or kale, bell pepper, mushrooms, potatoes, or peas.
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 1203mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1792IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 4mg