Red Beans, “Rice”, and Sausage
- 2 cups Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tsp Avocado Oil
- 10 ozs Cajun Smoked Andouille Sausage (thinly sliced)
- 1 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 2 stalks Celery (diced)
- 2 tbsps Tomato Paste
- 3 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 1/2 tsps Cajun Seasoning
- 1 3/4 cups Red Kidney Beans (from the can, drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups Bone Broth
- Cook the cauliflower rice according to package directions
- Meanwhile, in a large dutch oven over medium heat, add the oil. Then add the andouille sausage and fry on both sides until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Remove and set aside on a plate, leaving the oil in the pot.
- Add the onion, pepper and celery and cook over medium heat until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Then add the tomato paste, garlic and cajun seasoning and stir to combine, cooking until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Add the kidney beans and the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, then remove the lid and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes longer, until lightly thickened. Serve with cauli rice and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate rice and bean mixture in separate airtight containers for up to five days.
Additional ToppingsTop with green onion, or another fresh herb such as parsley.
Make it VeganOmit the sausage and use vegetable broth.
No Andouille SausageUse smoked chorizo instead.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 1250mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1652IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 113mg | Iron: 5mg