Red Curry Chicken Satay Skewers
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 tbsps Thai Red Curry Paste (divided)
- 1 1/2 tbsps Coconut Sugar (divided)
- 3 tbsps Tamari (divided)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 1/4 lbs Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup All Natural Peanut Butter (smooth)
- 2 tbsps Lime Juice
- 1/3 cup Water
- 4 Barbecue Skewers
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (roughly chopped, optional)
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 of the Thai red curry paste, 1/3 of the coconut sugar, 1/3 of the tamari, and turmeric. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for two hours.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the peanut butter, remaining Thai red curry paste, remaining coconut sugar, remaining tamari, lime juice, and water. Whisk until fully incorporated and smooth. Set aside.
- Thread the chicken cubes onto the skewers. Grill over medium heat for about five to seven minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through. Serve with the peanut sauce and top with cilantro and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is one 12-inch skewer.
Barbecue SkewersIf using wooden skewers, be sure to soak in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
Nut-FreeUse sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter.
More FlavorMarinate overnight. Add salt to the marinade. Add a splash of toasted sesame oil to the peanut sauce.
Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 133mg | Sodium: 1203mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2355IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2mg