Red Lentil Dahl
- 1 cup Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (fresh, minced or grated)
- 1 1/2 tbsps Curry Powder
- 1 1/2 tsps Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 1/2 cups Dry Red Lentils (rinsed)
- 2 1/2 cups Bone Broth
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (from the can)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 1 1/2 tbsps Lime Juice
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, water, garlic and ginger to the pot and cook until the onion softens and the water evaporates, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the curry powder, cumin, salt and red pepper flakes and cook for another minute until very fragrant. Stir in the lentils.
- Add the broth and coconut milk to the pot and stir to combine. Bring the lentils to a gentle boil then reduce heat to medium-low. Let it simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro and lime juice. Season with additional salt if needed. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to five days.
Serving SizeOne serving is approximately 1 cup of dahl.
More FlavorAdd chili powder, cayenne or a drizzle of honey.
Additional ToppingsServe with extra cilantro or lime wedges.
Serve it WithServe with rice, quinoa, naan, pita and/or sautéed greens.
ConsistencyIf the lentils are too thick, add additional vegetable broth until desired consistency is reached.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 444kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 316mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 196IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 7mg