Refried Black Beans
- 1/4 Yellow Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 slices Bacon (chopped)
- 1 3/4 cups Black Beans (cooked, from the can, liquid reserved)
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the onion and the bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is crispy, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the beans to the same skillet, along with the liquid from the can. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until the liquid decreases, about 5 minutes.
- Smash the beans with a potato masher or a fork, until thickened. Remove from the heat. Serve and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to five days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to about 1/3 cup.
More FlavorAdd sea salt, or other spices if needed.
Make it VeganOmit the bacon, and use extra virgin olive oil and smoked paprika to taste.
No Black BeansUse pinto beans instead.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 159mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 12IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 2mg